Student Laptop Requirements
STUDENT LAPTOP REQUIREMENTS - YEARS 7 TO 12
The Underdale High School community has made a significant investment in computing technology over the last 20 years.
Essential Requirements – New Device:
Devices and pricing may vary based on available stock. Please check our BYOD portal for the latest details.
Essential Requirements – Existing Device:
Students bringing a laptop they already own must ensure the device meets the following minimum specifications to work effectively on the Underdale High School wireless network:
- Microsoft Windows operating system must be installed. This can be either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version.
- Requires at least 8 hours battery life, although we do recommend more. Battery charging stations are not available at the school, hence the requirement for a long-life battery and for the laptop to be fully charged each night at home.
- Requires at least 128GB Hard Disk storage.
- Apple laptops are not recommended. Not all programs used onsite are supported by Apple and they may encounter issues within the school’s secure network environment.
- Chrome Books or laptops with Linux operating systems do not meet minimum requirements and are not supported by the school IT systems
- Underdale High School does not permit iPads, tablets or smartphones to be used in classes
Learning with Technologies Payment Information:
- Interest Free options are available and supplied by GE Money for as little as $7.75 per week (this fee includes the annual card keeping fee from GE Money).
- Payments can be made by Credit Card, PayPal and Direct Deposit.
If you have any queries about purchasing your child’s laptop for school please contact our ICT department 8301 8000, who will guide you through the process.
Please go to this link for our three recommended devices – UHS BYOD Order Portal