International Student Program
Underdale High School is nestled in spacious grounds adjoining the river parklands, just 5km west of the Adelaide city centre, 2km from the airport and 10km from the sea and some of Adelaide’s best sandy white beaches. The school provides a student-centred learning experience for Years 8-12, attracting students from diverse cultural backgrounds. High expectations and standards of work quality, punctuality and attendance ensure that students learn to become responsible in their learning and behaviour. Quality differentiated teaching and a targeted support program ensures all students benefit from educational challenges that meet their learning needs. Student wellbeing is a priority for all staff.
High School Graduate Program
High School Study Abroad Program
Special Interest Subjects
Underdale High School offers a range of Special Interest programs and initiatives for students including:
- The Underdale High School Football (Soccer) program
- The Underdale High School Automotive (mechanics) program
- The Underdale High School Netball program
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics)
* Additional costs may apply for special interest subjects. Price on application
From years 8-10, Students have the option of studying Greek or Japanese.
From years 10 -12, students may also study other languages organised by the school with the South Australian School of Languages. Please see the following link for a full list of languages. https://schooloflanguages.sa.edu.au/languages/
* There are no additional costs for studying a language
All Students are required to have a laptop their own laptop. Please visit the BYOD section of our website for a list of appropriate devices.
All Underdale High School students require the following uniforms.
- A summer uniform
- Winter uniform
- Physical Education uniform
Please visit the following link for a full list of uniform items.
* Underdale High School also has a second hand uniform shop where students can purchase near new uniforms at discounted rates. Prices upon application.
- Performing arts suits (music, drama)
- Resource centre with large collection of English resources
- Automotive trade training centre
- Sporting facilities – gymnasium, tennis courts, oval, soccer pitches, weights room, basketball courts
- Senior school study centre
Activities and Fun
In addition to normal school excursions, all international students will have the opportunity to participate in excursions once a term to such places as:
- Cleland Wildlife Park (https://www.clelandwildlifepark.sa.gov.au/Home)
- Port Noarlunga Aquatics Centre (http://www.pnac.com.au/)
- Dolphin Sanctuary Kayak Tours (https://dolphinsanctuarykayaktours.com.au/)
- International Student Lunches.
* These excursions do not incur any additional costs to students.
South Australian Government Schools can help you enrol to study abroad at our school.
For more information about studying abroad in South Australia, please contact:
International Education Services
Department for Education
PO Box 1152, Adelaide SA 5001 | GFW, 31 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: +618 8226 3402 Fax: +618 8226 3655
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: https://www.internationalstudents.sa.edu.au
Department for Education T/A South Australian Government Schools CRICOS Provider Number 00018A
Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Legislative Framework