STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
The Underdale High School is partnered with the University of Adelaide for the STEM Teacher in Residence Program. We are excited at the future opportunities that the STEM Teacher in Residence Program will bring to UHS to collaborate with Partnership schools and the University of Adelaide to create curriculum support materials for subjects that we offer related to STEM, and provide opportunities for students to participate and compete in STEM challenges against students from Partnership schools run on site at the University of Adelaide.
Underdale High student involvement has included:
- Robotics in Year 8 for all students
- STEM units including Catapults and Water Rockets
- Robotics/Stem semester course in Year 9
- Building and Testing Electric cars
- Megacity Project
- Aurecon Bridge building competition
- Science and Engineering Challenge
- University Excursions including UniSA Connect, University of Adelaide Tech School, Engineering Ingenuity Expo, Women in Technology.